How to set up successful environment and sustainability training programs
- Would you like to feel confident you can sell your environmental training idea to your senior managers?
- Would you like to be sure that training really is the solution to your environmental issues of concern?
- Would you like to produce case studies of real success?
- Would you like to be able to put forward a proven formula that will promote the success of your environmental training program?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, then this workshop is for you. . It’s based on my book, “How to Change the World: a practical guide to successful environmental training programs, which came out of 20 years experience with environmental training programs.
In it you will learn how to:
- work with your key internal and external partners – and understand why they are so important to your success
- work with my proven success framework to build in the other six vital components of effective environmental training programs.
Who should attend?
- environment and sustainability program managers from any sector who want to set up training programs and assess their effectiveness
- businesses and utilities and their professional associations with environmental risks and compliance needs
- government bodies who identify industry training as a solution to sector-specific environmental issues
- professional, trades and industry associations and workplace unions who want to develop workplace-specific environmental training for their members
- supply chain managers who see training as a way to foster good environmental practice as part of their corporate procurement policies
- iwi, environmental associations and community and non-profit groups who want to develop training programs for their staff and volunteers
- professional trainers working with environmental subject matter experts who want to learn more about environmental management, monitoring and evaluation.
After attending this workshop, you will know how to:
- make the business case for your unique training needs
- set up a proven framework to support your training program
- work with your internal and external stakeholders to enhance its effectiveness
- tailor the program to your own organisation’s policies and procedures
- test how e-training and mobile training could work for you
- measure the outcomes of your training and the wider environment & sustainability or health & safety program of which it is a part
- win ongoing resources and support for your training program.
Click here to find out more about the detailed training modules.
- a printed workbook
- morning and afternoon tea and lunch
- access to a password-protected webpage with over 30 free resources to help you get your training program up to speed faster
- practical activities before, during and after the workshop that help you get the most out of the day
- an Open Badge of attendance to go in your own electronic training backpack.
Use my book for maximum benefit
You will gain more from this workshop if you have a copy of my book, “How to Change the World – a practical guide to successful environmental training programs”. It’s relevant to both health & safety and environment & sustainability professionals. You can either:
- bring along your copy if you have one
- click here to buy your copy now and get access the 30+ free resources that go with it!
Click here to find out more about the book before you buy.
Praise for my workshops on environmental training programs
“I thoroughly enjoyed your session and learnt information that I hope to apply in my own workplace.” Dr Coral Pepper, Edith Cowan University, Australia
“I really did enjoy the workshop. It was exactly what I needed to help me achieve my business objectives.” Constance Kola-Lawal, Nigeria
“I loved the openness and exploratory nature of the workshop, and appreciate getting the workbook and references to take away and continue thinking! Really look forward to the next steps.” Jane James, New Zealand
Date: Coming soon ….. This workshop runs when a minimum of ten people register.
Time: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Fee: $495.00 pre-GST for individuals (see discounts below)
Place: Best Western Ellerslie International Motor Inn, 2 Wilkinson Rd, Ellerslie, Auckland. There is accommodation and parking on site, a major bus route has stops nearby and the Ellerslie train station is a brisk walk or a taxi ride away.
Maximum 20 people per workshop, and discounts are available:
- 10% discount if you attend two workshops (single individual)
- 20% discount if you sign up for three or four workshops (single individual).
Click here to contact me about in-house workshops that suit your needs.
Get my free ebook when you register: “Environmental training: how to change the world, one workshop at a time.”