How to become an excellent environment and sustainability trainer
Did you know that there’s a whole bunch of professional trainers out there? These people have their own professional association dedicated to best research and practice into adult vocational learning and its application in the workplace.
“Subject matter experts” is what professional trainers call people like us environment and sustainability professionals – it’s a polite way of saying that we’re not all naturally fabulous trainers!
I’ve been a member of my local Association of Training and Development for 20 years. I’ve learned from the best and have pulled out some of the tips that have made the biggest difference to my own training, and tailored them specifically for environmental trainers.
Who should attend
This workshop is for environment and sustainability experts who:
- love – or hate – delivering training, and who want to both love it and excel at it
- are interested in or already delivering training
- are keen to learn the best tips from the best professional trainers
- want time to prep and/or practise some of these
- want to see their trainees head back to work with competence and confidence, to carry on learning in a supportive working environment.
Heads, Hearts and Hands: Workshop outcomes
After attending this workshop, you will:
- know how to train so people learn: learn the best practice professional training skills to design, develop and deliver your training to maximise your trainees’ participation, enjoyment and learning
- understand how my proven success framework enhances the effectiveness of environmental training
- be able to set up effective monitoring and evaluation processes for both your training and the overall environment and sustainability and health and safety management program of which it is a part.
Click here to find out more about the training modules.
Use my book for maximum benefit
You will gain more from this workshop if you have a copy of my book, “How to Change the World – a practical guide to successful environmental training programs”. It’s relevant to both health & safety and environment & sustainability professionals.
You can either:
- bring along your copy if you have one
- click here to buy your copy now and get access the 30+ free resources that go with it!
Click here to find out more about the book before you buy.
Praise for my workshops on how to be a great environmental trainer
I have run this workshop several times over the years, always to great acclaim: one attendee said the workshop should be compulsory for all new staff at her council!
“Great fun. Day went fast – the presenter must be good! Excellent topic specialist.”
“Informative, relevant, important stuff.”
“This had been very beneficial for the group.”
“Helped to understand how people learn. Most interesting and enlightening.”
“It should be a compulsory part of the job induction for everyone in my organisation.”
“Clare is an able and entertaining trainer who created a stimulating learning environment. Her lively personality soon had us all working together on practical tasks and learning from each other’s experience. I learned many important things about training that I will use.” Jan Crawford, New Zealand
“Clare’s workshop exceeded my expectations. The material provided included a pre-workshop exercise which really got me thinking about my role as a trainer and what I wanted to get out of the workshop. This was really valuable because it meant I showed up to the workshop already in the frame of mind to participate and get the most out of the day. Clare was well organized and has a gift of encouraging her trainees. I left the workshop confident in myself as a trainer. The workshop brought together like-minded people and gave me the support I needed to set clear training objectives for my team.” Elyse LaFace, Environmental Specialist
Date: Coming soon ….. This workshop runs when a minimum of ten people register.
Time: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Fee: $495.00 pre-GST for individuals (see discounts below)
Place: Best Western Ellerslie International Motor Inn, 2 Wilkinson Rd, Ellerslie, Auckland. There is accommodation and parking on site, a major bus route has stops nearby and the Ellerslie train station is a brisk walk or a taxi ride away.
Maximum 20 people per workshop, and discounts are available:
- 10% discount if you attend two workshops (single individual)
- 20% discount if you sign up for three or four workshops (single individual)
- 20% discount for two or more people from the same organisation attending a workshop.
Click here to contact me about in-house workshops that suit your needs.
Get my free ebook when you register: “Environmental training: how to change the world, one workshop at a time.”