How to become a great environmental trainer
A 1-day workshop
Did you know that there’s a whole bunch of professional trainers out there? These people have their own professional association dedicated to best research and practice into adult vocational learning and its application in the workplace.
“Subject matter experts” is what professional trainers call people like us environment & sustainability and health & safety professionals – it’s a polite way of saying that we’re not all naturally fabulous trainers!
I’ve been a member of my local Association of Training and Development for 20 years. I’ve learned from the best and have pulled out some of the tips that have made the biggest difference to my own training, and tailored them specifically for environmental trainers.
Who will benefit from this workshop?
This workshop is for environment & sustainability and health & safety experts who:
- love – or hate – delivering training, and who want to both love it and excel at it
- are interested in or already delivering training
- are keen to learn the best tips from the best professional trainers
- want time to prep and/or practise some of these tips
- want to see their trainees head back to work with competence and confidence, to carry on learning in a supportive working environment.
“Clare’s workshop exceeded my expectations. The material provided included a pre-workshop exercise which really got me thinking about my role as a trainer and what I wanted to get out of the workshop. This was really valuable because it meant I showed up to the workshop already in the frame of mind to participate and get the most out of the day. Clare was well organized and has a gift of encouraging her trainees. I left the workshop confident in myself as a trainer. The workshop brought together like-minded people and gave me the support I needed to set clear training objectives for my team.” Elyse LaFace, Environmental Specialist
CPD points/hours available!
Click here to express your interest in attending my next workshop on how to become a great environmental trainer!
After this workshop, you will:
- know how to train so people learn: learn the best practice professional training skills to design, develop and deliver your training to maximise your trainees’ participation, enjoyment and learning
- understand how my proven success framework enhances the effectiveness of environmental training
- be able to set up effective monitoring and evaluation processes for both your training and the overall environment and sustainability and health and safety management program of which it is a part.
Click here to find out more about the training modules.
“Clare is an able and entertaining trainer who created a stimulating learning environment. Her lively personality soon had us all working together on practical tasks and learning from each other’s experience. I learned many important things about training that I will use.” Jan Crawford, New Zealand
Use my book for maximum benefit
You will gain more from this workshop if you have a copy of my book, “How to Change the World – a practical guide to successful environmental training programs”. It’s relevant to both health & safety and environment & sustainability professionals.
- bring along your copy if you have one
- buy one on the day – copies will be available for sale and you can take one away along with an invoice for later payment
- click here to buy your copy now and get access to the 30+ free resources that go with it!
Click here to find out more about the book before you buy.
Praise for my workshops on how to be a great environmental trainer
‘Great fun. Day went fast – the presenter must be good! Excellent topic specialist.’
‘Informative, relevant, important stuff.’
‘This had been very beneficial for the group.’
‘Helped to understand how people learn. Most interesting and enlightening.’
‘It should be a compulsory part of the job induction for everyone in my organisation.’
Score CPD points or hours!
By attending this workshop you may be able to obtain Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points or hours from the following professional associations:
- EIANZ – the Environmental Institute of Australia and New Zealand
- Engineering New Zealand – formerly IPENZ
- NZPI – the New Zealand Planning Institute.
This workshop is 7.5 hours of training activity, excluding time for tea breaks and lunch. Some professional associations equate 1 CPD point for 1 hour of training activity. Please refer to the requirements of your own professional association for the number of CPD points or hours this workshop will earn you.
Please let me know if your professional association is not listed above and I will contact the relevant people.
Date: 18 September 2018 in Auckland (other dates and places on request).
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Fee: $495.00 pre-GST – look out for early bird and other discounts!
Place: I’ll confirm the venue closer to the time.
Enquire now: for your quality learning experience, only 20 people can attend each workshop.
Not in Auckland? Not in New Zealand? Ask me how I can help you.
See my full 2018 workshop calendar here.
You can also ask me about other options, including:
- in-house training
- webinar options
- 1:1 or small group mentoring.